Community Links


Charles County Public Schools
The mission of Charles County Public Schools is to provide an opportunity for all school-aged children to receive an academically challenging, quality education that builds character, equips for leadership and prepares for life, in an environment that is safe and conducive to learning.

   

   

Charles County Sheriff
The Charles County Sheriff’s Office is a full-service law enforcement agency responsible for preventing and investigating crime, operating the county detention center and performing the court-related functions of a traditional sheriff’s office. The Sheriff’s Office has more than 600 sworn, corrections and civilian employees, making it one of the largest employers in our community. We are accredited by the Commission on the Accreditation of Law Enforcement Agencies.

   

   

Charles County Animal Control
Tri-County Animal Shelter serves the animal needs of Calvert, Charles and St. Mary’s Counties. Lost and stray animals are housed here waiting to be claimed by their owners, and animals are available for adoption. County pet licenses are available for sale with proof of rabies vaccination.

   

   

Charles County Recycling
Funded through Charles County's annual environmental service fee, the residential recycling program consists of four transfer stations and seven oil & antifreeze drop-off centers. In addition to these facilities, curbside collection is provided to approximately 32,000 homes located in the more densely populated areas of the county. State mandated to recycle 15% of its waste stream, Charles County has achieved a 43% recycling rate and a 5% source reduction credit equaling a total waste reduction rate of 48%.

Recycling Information Hotline: 301-932-5656. This number may also be utilized to request a recycling bin, obtain yard waste stickers, and/or report curbside misses.

   

   

Community Transportation
Part of the Charles County Government's Department of Community Services, VanGO Public Transit is administered by the Charles County Department of Community Services, Transportation Division. The Department is committed to providing safe and reliable transit and quality service for Charles County residents.

   

   

Southern Maryland Electric Cooperative (SMECO)
SMECO is a customer-owned electric cooperative providing electricity to over 147,000 services in southern Prince George’s County, and in Charles County, St. Mary’s County, and all but the northeast portion of Calvert County.

 

 

 

Neighborhood Scout

Type in any address or city for a comprehensive report. Crime risk, school quality, real estate trends, 300+ must-see statistics.

 

 

 

 

 

The Weather Channel

Stay up to date with the curent weather in your city.